Edinburgh Burlesque Classes – 7 reasons you should try it.
Burlesque dancing may seem frightening and even a little off-putting to some women, but there’s nothing to be afraid of. It’s a wonderful thing that any woman can do, no matter how young or old, big or small, tall or short. If you need a little convincing, here are some reasons you might want to try Burlesque dancing:
1. It’s sexy. First and foremost, burlesque dancing is a celebration of the female sexual nature. It’s not glorifying sex and it’s not objectifying the dancer. It’s glorifying the truly mesmerizing ability that we women have to be beautiful and sexual beings. A burlesque dancer gets on stage and freely shares herself with the audience, and that’s the most powerful feeling in the world.
2. Self-Confidence Booster. As I said, burlesque is for all women. There are successful dancers of all shapes and sizes that bring with them their own unique beauty. Once you’ve owned your dance, you’ll be confident wearing your skin — and maybe even wearing ONLY your skin if you decide to. That feeling of sexiness will follow you around everywhere, radiating like a halo of self-assurance that no one can break.
3. It’s Glamorous. I’m going to be honest, burlesque fashion has always been my favourite. It’s usually a very ’50s feel, with the winged eyeliner and blood-red lips. That fashion doesn’t just have to be for the stage, though. Wearing a form-fitting dress and some strappy heels might become as natural and comfortable as wearing pajamas.
4. You’ll be fearless. If you can striptease on a stage, you can do anything. There’s nothing more nerve-wracking than exposing yourself (both physically and emotionally) . Once you’ve done that, asking out the cutie you’ve had your eye on will be no problem.
5. You’ll change for the better. You’ll notice that there’s a bounce in your step and a twinkle in your eye as you smile. There’s something about Burlesque that changes your whole demeanour. It adds a bit of sauciness and mischief that will make you more interesting to get to know.
6. You’ll get sexy (er). Burlesque is like any other form of dance. It takes practice and precision to look good. While it may not be as intensive as some other dances, it’s still a good workout, but one that’ll tone up the right places and keep the curves soft and sensual.
7. Its just so much fun. You don’t have to be a professional dancer on stage to enjoy it. If the performance is not your style, it’s still FUN to play around and be sexy. You’ll meet other fantastic women and choreographing a routine in front of your bathroom mirror will always be a good time and I defy you to prove me wrong.
Whether you’ll be dancing for a live audience or just for your beau at home, burlesque has something to offer everyone. Our Edinburgh Burlesque Classes give you the opportunity to try something new with like-minded women and a fantastically fun, friendly, curvaceous and talented teacher.
Read more here EDINBURGH BURLESQUE and we hope to welcome you to class soon!
Thanks to Ashley Delgado for your beautiful article 🙂