Not only is it a great way to embrace your inner sexiness, but pole classes with Madame Peaches will bring numerous health benefits that shouldn’t be overlooked. If you want to learn more about the benefits of pole dancing and how it can improve the quality of your life, just read on.
- It helps you burn calories quickly
Most people in the modern world could stand to lose a few pounds, so any form of exercise is welcome. However, pole dancing taxes the muscles in the entire body and you are always moving – making it a great isometric and cardiovascular exercise wrapped into one. You can burn as many calories in a 30-minute session as you would doing aerobics and calisthenics, and this will lead to significant weight loss over several months.
- It builds your self-confidence
Once you get the basics down and strengthen your muscles a bit, you will quickly begin to develop some serious skills and a body that makes heads turn. Being confident isn’t just about your state of mind – you will actually start to walk tall and improve your posture. Your skills on the pole will translate into real life and you will be able to move with the nimbleness and graciousness of a cat.
- You’ll be less stressed out
One of the biggest benefits of pole dancing is actually related to your psychological and emotional health. When you are stressed, adrenaline starts slowly building up in your body, making you anxious, easily annoyed and depressed. An intense pole dancing session will help you blow out all that adrenaline and cause your body to start producing endorphins, the hormone associated with feelings of euphoria. You will be calmer and happier after a good workout.
- It will motivate you to work out more
If a workout feels like a chore and you don’t really see any serious progress or you don’t actually pick up any skills that are applicable in real life, then you will quickly lose motivation. Pole dancing develops a strong body, builds stamina and makes you feel sexy. As your skills improve you will be motivated to work harder and harder to nail that nemesis of a move! Our Madame Peaches students are a lovely bunch of girls who go all out to support each other in classes.
- You become more limber
People often forget the importance of joint mobility and flexibility. As you become more limber you will have fewer problems like back pain, a stiff neck and muscle soreness. You will also minimize the risk of sprains and will be able to move more freely. Try our flexibility classes with Louise to really give you a bendy boost!
- It’s good for your bones and joints
Joint pain is a serious and persistent issue for many people and women in particular have a higher risk of developing osteoporosis later in life. Developing strong bones and connective tissue, along with increasing joint mobility, helps significantly decrease the risk of osteoporosis in women. Since you are not putting huge stress on your joints, as you would if you were running or skipping rope, pole dancing is a very safe form of exercise. Due to the fact that you are constantly strengthening the muscles in your hands by gripping the pole, common repetitive strain injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome can also be avoided.
- It’s good for your heart and blood flow
Pole dancing is as good for your heart as any form of moderate-to-intense aerobic training, and since all the muscles are being engaged at some point, regular exercise promotes blood flow. This is particularly important for women who live a sedentary lifestyle and spend hours sitting in a chair.
- You develop greater balance and kinesthetic awareness
Kinesthetic awareness is your brain’s ability to calculate where your body is located in three-dimensional space in relation to other objects around you. When you start performing more complex routines, your kinesthetic awareness increases. This means less chance of injuries due to bumping into stuff. Combined with good balance, increased kinesthetic awareness allows you to avoid nasty common accidents like slipping, falling, and knocking things over and having them fall on your feet, etc.
9. It can help you have an easier time during pregnancy and at childbirth
One of the lesser known benefits of pole dancing is that this form of training can be beneficial if you decide to have a child. Pole dancing develops exceptionally strong back and abdominal muscles, which helps minimize back pain during pregnancy and actually helps you have a smoother and less painful childbirth.
10. You will be able to fall asleep much easier
Resting is just as important for a healthy body as working out and eating the right food. Unfortunately not many people get enough sleep and most of the time it’s because they just can’t go to sleep. Regular workouts that tax the body, combined with the stretching you do as part of your pole dancing training, will ensure that you get a good night’s sleep every time you hit the hay.
The benefits of pole dancing aren’t limited to developing a strong body. It can help you improve your mental and emotional health, prevent injuries and increase mobility, as well as give your social and love life a boost by making you more confident and agile. You should definitely give it a try!
Burlesque dancing may seem frightening and even a little off-putting to some women, but there’s nothing to be afraid of. It’s a wonderful thing that any woman can do, no matter how young or old, big or small, tall or short. If you need a little convincing, here are some reasons you might want to try Burlesque dancing:
1. It’s sexy. First and foremost, burlesque dancing is a celebration of the female sexual nature. It’s not glorifying sex and it’s not objectifying the dancer. It’s glorifying the truly mesmerizing ability that we women have to be beautiful and sexual beings. A burlesque dancer gets on stage and freely shares herself with the audience, and that’s the most powerful feeling in the world.
2. Self-Confidence Booster. As I said, burlesque is for all women. There are successful dancers of all shapes and sizes that bring with them their own unique beauty. Once you’ve owned your dance, you’ll be confident wearing your skin — and maybe even wearing ONLY your skin if you decide to. That feeling of sexiness will follow you around everywhere, radiating like a halo of self-assurance that no one can break.
3. It’s Glamorous. I’m going to be honest, burlesque fashion has always been my favourite. It’s usually a very ’50s feel, with the winged eyeliner and blood-red lips. That fashion doesn’t just have to be for the stage, though. Wearing a form-fitting dress and some strappy heels might become as natural and comfortable as wearing pajamas.
4. You’ll be fearless. If you can striptease on a stage, you can do anything. There’s nothing more nerve-wracking than exposing yourself (both physically and emotionally) . Once you’ve done that, asking out the cutie you’ve had your eye on will be no problem.
5. You’ll change for the better. You’ll notice that there’s a bounce in your step and a twinkle in your eye as you smile. There’s something about Burlesque that changes your whole demeanour. It adds a bit of sauciness and mischief that will make you more interesting to get to know.
6. You’ll get sexy (er). Burlesque is like any other form of dance. It takes practice and precision to look good. While it may not be as intensive as some other dances, it’s still a good workout, but one that’ll tone up the right places and keep the curves soft and sensual.
7. Its just so much fun. You don’t have to be a professional dancer on stage to enjoy it. If the performance is not your style, it’s still FUN to play around and be sexy. You’ll meet other fantastic women and choreographing a routine in front of your bathroom mirror will always be a good time and I defy you to prove me wrong.
Whether you’ll be dancing for a live audience or just for your beau at home, burlesque has something to offer everyone. Our Edinburgh Burlesque Classes give you the opportunity to try something new with like-minded women and a fantastically fun, friendly, curvaceous and talented teacher.
Read more here EDINBURGH BURLESQUE and we hope to welcome you to class soon!
Thanks to Ashley Delgado for your beautiful article 🙂
We love hen activities where the group vary in ages. It’s brilliant to see the generation spanning good time bonding.
You’ve spent time collating your invite list and now it’s time to plan what you’re going to do with everybody! It’s hard enough to please everyone, but when you have a mixed age group, you’re aware that what might be fun to half the group, will seem a waking nightmare to the other half (Grandma Enid might well love to rub baby oil into the sharply defined abs of Diego the stripper… but you’re not too sure you’d like to see her do it..)
That’s why we wanted to give you a few helpful hints to help you find the perfect activity.
In our humble opinion, a life drawing art class is the classier option V strippers. Yes. There is a naked man, but no orange baby-oiled man bits in your face. We provide all the equipment that you need – A3 paper, thick card on lean on, charcoal, HB pencils, sharpeners and rubbers (just in case!) You can admire the naked form safe in the knowledge that it’s artistic, educational… and from a distance. On the odd occasion we have even fulfilled requests for the model to keep his knickers on! (We can arrange to suit). A little bit cheeky and giggly – but basically good clean fun for all the (adult) family.
Everyone enjoys a blast from the past, but perhaps even more so if you were there first time around. We have dance classes themed around certain periods of time – Jive, Swingin’ 60’s, Disco 70’s and Back to the 80’s. These dance lessons provide a perfect fancy dress theme (optional!) and use a medley of the best loved tunes from the era that everyone will want to sing and dance along to. You don’t have to have any skill, our expert instructors will match your pace and make sure everyone feels included as you work to create your group dance masterpiece 🙂
If you’d like to chat to us, please drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07941 725754